Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Downtown detour

Someone has to learn from my mistakes because I'm not!
On Friday morning last week, I eagerly jumped into a full-looking taxi on Che Guevara Rd (old Moore Rd) heading downtown only to find out that the route down to South Beach is not the same as the route up from South Beach. Instead of going through market they go around it and down Dr Pixley Kasema St (old West St).

I needed to get to the spot where all the taxis depart for La Lucia (which is also where the Umhlanga taxis depart from). Its just behind the Engen if you're coming down the N3 through Warwick Junction towards the beach front.

View Larger Map

So I had to walk through the whole length of the market at 7:30 am. I might as well have walked from Berea Centre - you live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment